I just sent the following mail to Paizo customer service:
- Hello! I’d like to cancel my Planet Stories and my Pathfinder Modules subscription. The unread books are piling up and even though I wish I’d have more time, I end up doing other stuff instead of reading the books. Sorry! As for the modules – I’ve recently switched all my campaigns over to old school D&D and find that doing stuff myself works just as well. I’ll also be canceling my Pathfinder Adventure Path subscription once the current Adventure Path ends – there’s a little bit of a completist left in me – but I’ll send you another email once that happens.
Why is that? I no longer play the system, and I no longer need the wordy style.
- Two out of three campaigns I am running use Labyrinth Lord
- I stopped the one of the D&D 3.5 game I was running and converted the other to Solar System RPG
- We finished Legacy of Fire using Pathfinder and will be switching to a HARP campaign instead
- The DIY spirit of the old school D&D blogs has convinced me that my preferred style of gaming (it’s a continuous journey as far as I can tell) involves very little preparation and reading only very short descriptions of adventure locales—the Pathfinder products, however, require hours of reading and note taking—the Pathfinder stuff is not short enough
- A few months ago I wrote that “I find myself unwilling to spend a lot of money for role-playing game products as I realize how little material I actually read and use – even though I play around ten times every month.” Still true.
With all the money saved, I might be buying Anomalous Subsurface Environment and the latest issues of Fight On and Knockspell instead.
|Items ||Price |
|ASE1: Anomalous Subsurface Environment (Standard Paper)||$20.18|
|Realms of Crawling Chaos ||$17.95|
|Fight On! #12 - Spring/Summer 2011||$9.99|
|Knockspell #6 softcover ||$12.00|
|Shipping and Handling||$31.24|
|Shipping Discount (OCTGROUND305)||$-31.24|
Tags: RPG Pathfinder Old School Keep It Short