I don’t often post about politics anymore, having turned HomoLudens a few years ago. But sometimes things still catch my eye. I’ve become a BoingBoing reader via @boingboing. Recently I found an interesting comment regarding the 2010 oil-spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Funny how people that drive cars think this is BP’s fault. 
- I agree.
- It is specifically my car that made BP executives demand the engineers drill faster. So fast that it compromised the integrity of the hole and required it be drilled twice.
- It is specifically my car that made BP executives hire Halliburton for the well seals, which were too structurally weak to handle the top kill.
- It is specifically my car that made BP executives fiddle around letting the oil leak into the gulf while they tried to find a way to stop it with the least damage to their investment.
- MY CAR is to blame for this, even though I have NEVER bought from BP and even if we used a tenth of the gasoline we do today it would still be profitable, and they’d still be drilling exploratory sites.
- Also it’s Obama’s fault for not fixing BP’s mess faster, right? Privatize gains, subsidize losses, that’s the American way. 
I had read similar comments before. Thank you Lobster, for saving me the time to formulate a response. And I don’t even drive a car.