What music would you use for your Traveller?
- I tried Star Wars and it was too weird.
- I tried the German Captain Future soundtrack by Christian Bruhn and it worked ok.
- GM Harald used Macross it worked just fine.
- More Jazz? I have a small number of so-called Science Fiction Jazz CDs. I no longer like the music that much; I wonder whether it would work for Traveller.
- Maybe Ghost in the Shell has enough weirdness, Jazz, and Asian gibberish we don’t understand to work as a background? It would require better preparation.
- Vangelis’ Bladerunner soundtrack?
- Cowboy Bebop? Perhaps the sound of the future is not technoid after all.
I’ve seen DM Peter a Computer RPG game soundtrack for an entire campaign. There was our intro theme, our combat theme, and a small number of selected tracks for selected scenes. Perhaps picking a small number (three?) of tracks per session, and another small selection (two?) tracks per campaign would work?