My Oddmuse Makefile has some very strange packaging targets. Stuff I figured out years ago and haven’t touched in ages. I still own a Mac, and make dist will also attempt to build a disk image and a package. Except that it won’t work. I’ve tried to reread the !PackageMaker documentation and rewrite the stuff. But it just doesn’t want to work from the command-line anymore. Suckers.
I didn’t dare deleting the target from the Makefile, however, because in a way it holds valuable information on how things used to work. Interesting stuff like file permissions and file owners remain useful even if the packaging at the end doesn’t work. So I just removed the targets from the dist dependencies.