My SVG Mapper for Traveller got a bit better regarding communication routes (at least compared to last time).
It uses a two-step process:
- it connects all the systems with a class A starport, a naval base, or an imperial consulate that are one or two parsecs from each other
- any system with an amber or red travel code will eliminate all connections except the ones to the best and closest starport
I’m still working on the trade routes. At the moment it looks way too busy, so I’m trying to think of an elimination step that will get rid of some of them again. Anyway, I have some working code, but it needs some improvement before I’ll deploy.
I also fixed the spinward/trailing labels. I had them confused!
Note for the curious: If you check the link you’ll also find a source link at the bottom. It’s Free Software. Enjoy!
Update: Trade routes now added!
- considering only systems that offer fuel: starport A-D, gas giant, or Wa trade code
- connecting trade codes In or Ht with As, De, IC, or NI within 4 parsecs using a jump-2 route
- connecting trade codes Hi or Ri with Ag, Ga, or Wa within 4 parsecs using a jump-2 route
- but in the end, when I have the trade graph (which is part of the SVG but invisible in case you want to look at it using Inkscape), I use Kruskal's algorithm to create a minimal spanning tree based on the subset of legal trade routes thanks to a suggestion by Joshua Bell
Later: I suspect that there are still bugs in the system. It generates an unpopular trade route between Labeveri and Sogeeran, but as far as I can tell, there is no reason for it to exist. Must debug... Hm... Nope. Everything is as it should be. If you check the debug output (there’s a new checkbox) you’ll find that the system participates in other trade-routes as well:
- Inedgeus - Biveer - Sogeeran
- Biveer - Sogeeran
- Diare - Aanbi - Sogeeran
- Reisbeon - Aanbi - Sogeeran
- Lara - Aanbi - Sogeeran
- Lalala - Bemaat - Sogeeran
- Azaxe - Lara - Aanbi - Sogeeran
- Biveer - Sogeeran - Onreon
- Labeveri - Sogeeran - Onreon
Tags: Traveller Maps RPG