I have occasionally linked the podcasts I listen to both as an effort to remember and as an attempt at recommendation. It has been more than a year since my last update.
I listen to podcasts while walking. I find walking to be ideally suited to listening because it is neither too strenuous to require much attention nor is it too light to let the mind wander.
Looking at iCatcher! on my phone, I see the following podcasts:
- Fear the Boot. The last RPG podcast I still listen to; it’s what I go to when I need some light entertainment; Dan is long-winded, I also don’t think there’s anything really new to say on the topic. I still laugh along with their jokes.
- History of Philosophy “without any gaps”. I’ve listened to all the episodes up to Aristotle and I think I’ll continue listening! ☆
- In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg. This continues to be the most awesome mix of science, philosophy and history. ☆
- Musik der Welt. World music on the Swiss radio.
- Sounds!. Independent music on the Swiss radio.
- Thinking Allowed. Social science. ☆
- This American Life. People stories. ☆
Any podcasts you are listening to you’d like to recommend?
Once you have listened to this overview, perhaps you’ll be ready for The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire— there’s an old recording on archive.org, or various readers on librivox.org.
Update: If you’re a podcaster, check out this EFF effort: Help Save Podcasting!