Slowly, the end of my summer break has been creeping closer and closer. As we approach the end of September, it’s starting to pick up speed. When we get up, the sun is still lying in wait for dawn to come and pick her up. When we go for a run in the evening, the sun is meandering somewhere behind the clouds, losing itself in the sky and shadows are seeping up from the earth. Autumn is coming!
I still work a 60% job. I take off every Friday, and about four months in summer, more or less. It’s a beautiful life. I was lucky.
What have I done?
- I worked on the Bitlbee Mastodon Plugin, adding more features: lists and filters in particular.
- My interest in lists for Mastodon made work on Trunk, a website where you can find like minded people to follow.
- I tinkered with Mastodon Archive.
- I started working on an Oddmuse variant using Perl 6.
- I didn’t like Microsoft buying GitHub and moved my issue tracking to a wiki of my own.
- I talked to some people about cooking sites and then decided the simplest solution to have a no-tracking site full of recipes was to just start a new wiki.
- I dropped my English RPG campaign.
- I dropped my RPG campaign with the kids.
- I picked up all the tools I need for sumi-e but have only picked it up once.
- I bought three products by Teenage Engineering, the Pocket Operator Speak and the Pocket Operator K.O. as well as the OP-1 (a portable synthesizer) and have been making funny sounds with them.
- I’ve travelled to Japan, Sweden, visited Hamburg and Murten, Barcelona (with the company)...
And soon I will be spending a few days in Scotland. And then it’s back to work!