I sent the following email to my players:
We’ve played eight sessions. Yay us! When I’m playing with people at the same table, I usually imagine myself being able to read how people feel about the game. Online, I’m not so sure. I think we’re having a good time, but there’s never any “meta” talk. Perhaps that’s a good sign, who knows. I’d still like to offer a channel for feedback, so the questions that follow are simply a list of the things I’ve been asking myself. Feel free to answer whatever you like, or something different altogether, or simply reply with “I’m happy exactly as it is.” 🙂
- Campaign tech level, law level, and similar details: does the weird Traveller retro-future work for you? Would you like more emphasis on technology and tech-levels and gadgets? Would you like less thinking about what sort of weapons are available on what system?
- Buying equipment, trade: does the simple inventory work for you? Would you like do more Elite-style trading? Do we spend too much time buying equipment?
- NPCs: are there too many of them? Are their names too weird? Are they interesting enough in their ambitions and their personalities? What about the organisations, the navy, the crime orgs, the local governments?
- Setting: What would you add to the setting to make it more interesting?
- Mechanics: Would you like to make more skill rolls, have more fights, roll more dice?
- Organisation: Does video chat work for you? Does date voting work for you? Do the times work for you? Not enough, or too many sessions?
- What about campaign length: how many sessions do you think will we play in this campaign?
If you’re in a Traveller campaign, I’d be happy to hear from you!