Alex, I’m happy to read this! Ancient school rpg FTW!
– Norbert Matausch 2020-03-27 14:04 UTC
Thanks for blogging about it. 👍
– Alex Schroeder 2020-03-27 16:57 UTC
Excellent, 2d6 rules!
– Wanderer Bill 2020-03-27 17:00 UTC
Re: the “legends” skill: If you are already inviting your group to participate in world building (which is a great thing!), why not have the “legend” skill grant the ability to establish a small fact about the world on the go, once per day? The Burning Wheel RPG has something like that.
E.g.: DM: The bushes around you have berries in all the colors of the rainbow. Player with legend skill: I know from ancient stories that if you eat the berries in the sequence of the rainbow’s colors, you heal your wounds.
– K.T. 2020-03-28 07:34 UTC
Good idea. Got to get into the habit of asking players for input. 👍
– Alex Schroeder 2020-03-28 11:23 UTC
Is there a PDF version of these rules? I love them but would also love to see some more description, in maybe an easier-to-read format.
– Mardov 2020-03-30 01:14 UTC
Not yet. But you can get Norbert G. Matausch’s Landshut Rules as a PDF.
– Alex Schroeder 2020-03-30 05:10 UTC
I’m happy to be able to read about your game and Norbert’s rules in action - thanks for sharing! @K.T. Fantastic idea, I’ll definitely give it a chance in our next campaign!
– Metwiff 2020-03-30 19:06 UTC
For now: Just Halberds. 🙂
– Alex Schroeder 2020-03-31 21:09 UTC
So cool and written for beginners and OSR-friends alike... The last page - to me - is most important: whatever the issue - talk about it and have fun! Thanks and regards from my little Cov19-isolation, Metwiff
– Metwiff 2020-04-01 11:09 UTC