Eugene takes little videos while he’s traveling. I haven’t seen anybody else do that. He just points his little plastic box at things and talks for a minute. Later, he uploads stuff to YouTube. I think I like it. I also like that the little plastic box he uses basically just has a big round red button to start and stop recording. Awesome user interface.
Eugene has some work to do in Zürich and on Saturday, Claudia and I spent about ten hours with him, walking through Zürich. If you would like to see some summer impressions of Zürich, or hear me talk with my funny accent, go and take a look:
- When the weather is good you can see the Alps across the lake!
- We took Eugene to the top of a big church tower – too bad there are no pictures of the amazing climb up!
- We saw the stained glass church windows by Chagal at the Fraumünster
- Eugene was surprised to see people drinking from public fountains and bathing in the river flowing through town
- We convinced Eugene that eating horse meat was OK…
Check out some of his other video impressions. I think I like it. And a low-resolution mono-audio single-purpose video recording device makes more sense that using my HD camera with stereo microphone to record stuff, I think. Perhaps I just need to do this more often.